Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat    FAQ

Portal » Board index » Public » General

Post subject: 2 good bars?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:06 am 

So I know the deed was this week, I think the day has already passed as well. Do we have two new law talkin' people in the state? I should probably text eric or katrina, they probably know by now.

Post subject: Re: 2 good bars?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:22 am 
Site Admin

I know Brenna went up to Sac to take her test, I haven't heard anything one way or the other though. She's apparently gone into a media embargo mode and ain't talking. Anne I'm pretty sure took hers down in LA, no clue on that one either.

Or is there a different second person that I didn't know was taking the bar?

“A few months ago, you assassinated a man who called himself a god; now you’re going after a goddess in truth. Unless you can figure out a way to kill continents, after this you’re going to have to retire.”

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:49 am 

You guys realize it's like several months before the bar results come out, right?

I mean, like sometime around Thanksgiving. I'm not sure which is worse - preparing for it, or waiting for the results. Every time we have someone take it, it turns into a topic that is NOT discussed, so be understanding with Brenna.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:24 am 
Site Admin

Yea she's already basically told family to not ask her about it so that she doesn't start freaking herself out waiting for it.

“A few months ago, you assassinated a man who called himself a god; now you’re going after a goddess in truth. Unless you can figure out a way to kill continents, after this you’re going to have to retire.”

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:17 am 

A couple of years ago, one of our "kids" took the bar. When it was time for the results to be released, he gave everyone at the office his log-in information, and his cell phone number. He promptly went to the bar and waited for someone else to find out if he'd passed/failed, and to let him know. He passed. But for the couple of months before that, we essentially acted as if he hadn't even taken it.

I really feel sorry for the future-lawyers. The exam is stressful enough, then to have to wait (until right before the holidays, wtf?)... ugh, part of the reason I'd never make the paralegal ---> attorney jump.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:09 pm 

Divyne wrote:
You guys realize it's like several months before the bar results come out, right?

I mean, like sometime around Thanksgiving. I'm not sure which is worse - preparing for it, or waiting for the results. Every time we have someone take it, it turns into a topic that is NOT discussed, so be understanding with Brenna.

No, they find out immediately after they take it. I don't know if they are taking on computer or what, but there is no delay. As soon as they say they are done they find out their results. According to Anne anyway, maybe her setup is different.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:15 pm 

She lied to you. We don't find out til November. We're done now and as predicated I think I failed and she thinks she passed (but she actually probably did pass cause she studied and I'm me).

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:31 pm 

Brenna wrote:
She lied to you. We don't find out til November. We're done now and as predicated I think I failed and she thinks she passed (but she actually probably did pass cause she studied and I'm me).

Yeah, Eric just gave me the same bit. I must have just been head up my ass or soemthing, but I do remember the three of us (me, eli and her) having a conversation about how it's almost worse that you find out right away because that makes finishing even scarier. Oh well, w/e.

I'd offer some sort of comforting words but I saw those goddamn BAR exam books and I can't even imagine trying to study through all of that content. Best of luck to you, hopefully you're wrong. I know that whenever I thought I failed a test I usually did pretty well and the tests I thought I did a good job on came back with low scores.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:53 am 

Brenna wrote:

my money is on that you both passed.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:49 am 

cuz3 wrote:
my money is on that you both passed.

WTF... words of encouragement ?

If you failed.. you and dewey must post nekked pics of yourselves for Mal's viewing pleasure.

Portal » Board index » Public » General