Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat    FAQ

Portal » Board index » Games » Classes » Hunter

Post subject: 4.1 Cata MM
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:17 am 

Well, after Delux's drunken rage about how much we suck at dps (I cried myself to sleep that night) I decided to read up on MM again. For a while, its rotation was worthless for any fight requiring ANY movement. But they have changed it up, and after trying it out on a target dummy last night, I am anxious to test it in the raids. Obviously with the target dummies I was only working on a target at 80%+ life (So I had Careful Aim benefit) but I was seeing a consistent 18k+ dps unbuffed. Anyhow, here's a bit I have copied from EJ:

Quote:
For the end-game hunter with the T11 4-set bonus, I suggest the SS/AS/CS glyphs, no Term, and 10.52% haste from gear alone (not including additional haste to account for latency) as the setup that will work best for most players. The 10.52% haste results in a tight 9s CS cycle when not under dynamic haste effects when performing 4 SSs and 4 instant cast shots (CS, AS, KS) in a cycle. This includes unhasted cycles during the Standard phase that include using an MMM AI proc and all cycles during the KS phase. Here is the summary of the "ideal" rotations with the 10.52% haste (shots listed are just the numbers of each shot with the order being flexible within focus constraints):
- CA phase with RF or Bloodlust: Forgo CS and SrS and use only AI and SS in such a way to optimize focus. MMM AI procs can be just added shots.
- CA phase unhasted: CS-AIx2-SSx6. This cycle takes about 13.37s on cycles without a MMM AI proc. It takes 1s less on cycles where MMM AI procs replaces an AI hardcast to balance focus. If you have upwards of roughly 14.5% haste from gear, you can forgo CS and SrS in this situation as well.
- Standard phase unhasted: CS-ASx2-SSx5. Tight 9s cycle on cycles when an MMM AI proc replacing an SS, and 9.25s on cycles without an MMM AI proc replacing an SS. MMM AI procs should replace an AS instead of an SS on roughly every 1 of 2 procs.
- Standard phase with RF: CS-AIx2-SSx5. Tight 9s cycle with a little more than 0.1s deadtime. MMM AI procs replace the extra SS with a small focus loss over the RFs.
- Standard phase with BL: CS-AIx2-SSx5. Tight 9s cycle with a little less than 0.1s deadtime. MMM AI procs replace the extra SS. May require a 6th SS once in a while to maintain focus.
- KS phase unhasted: CS-ASx2-KS-SSx4. Tight 9s cycle every cycle. MMM AI procs replace an AS or the KS on cycles that skip the KS.
- KS phase with RF: CS-AIx2-KS-SSx4. MMM AI procs replace the KS.
- KS phase with BL: CS-AIx2-KS-SSx4. MMM AI procs replace a hardcast AI to save focus.

Post subject: Re: 4.1 Cata MM
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 am 

I didn't mean anyone in particular... Just our DPS overall...

and I swapped to MM on my tard too... I like.... I pull 15-18.5K with 348 gear. :)

Edit - With very PRO 353 tank weapon... WOOT... lol

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:34 am 

Delux wrote:
I didn't mean anyone in particular... Just our DPS overall...

Hahah, I know. I'm mostly just giving you crap. But I did look at World of Logs and I am only doing 85% of the DPS I should be doing, so I want to try to fix that. :D

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:53 am 

That is one of my favorite things to do... It is fun/productive to compare yourself to the top ranked versions of your class/spec.

I usually survey 4-5 in the top 10... and compare their spec/stats/damage distribution.. for same fights with myself.. and you can usually find something to fix.

Ranked order of damage distribution can easily pick up on a spec/glyph/rotation issue.

With the homogenization of buffs across classes... most of the DPS issues are just from spec/glyph.. and mostly rotation.

although.. one must pay attention to what the ranked person was doing during that fight too.. in other words.. were they dispelling.. or performing some other mechanic task... usually they are not...

Portal » Board index » Games » Classes » Hunter