Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat    FAQ

Portal » Board index » Games » Classes » Warlock

Post subject: Lock Q&A
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:03 pm 

http://www.wow.com/2009/07/02/warlock-qanda-with-ghostcrawler-and-pals/#continued

New Lock Q&A just got posted. I'm excited to see what this means

Quote:
Q. Soul Shards is subject that has been a constant amongst warlock players since the launch of the game. While we've made some minor improvements over time, players still find Soul Shards to be an annoyance. Are there any plans in motion to make further improvements to the warlock Soul Shard system?

A.Yes. As we have hinted on occasion, we have a revamp of the entire system in the works. This is a big change, beyond the scope of the 3.2 patch, but we are confident -- CONFIDENT -- that the new system will be something warlocks finally enjoy. (I'm sure I will never, ever regret saying that.) We hope to be able to talk more about it at BlizzCon, but the basic idea is that shards provide a combat boost when needed without becoming a resource that needs to be farmed. Currently too many of the shard abilities are maintenance-like things such as demons and stones. Blowing a shard should be a big deal -- an exciting moment. We want to make shards fun and remove the hassle, but we want to make them a core part of the warlock experience and not a marginalized feature.

Does this mean that pets and cookies won't cost shards? That shards might *gasp* STACK? That shards might be able to be purchased or be made more easy to get? I'm actually excited to find out, now that I've dusted off Ruby.

Edit: NOOOO!!! NOT HELLFIRE!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THROUGH THE DOOR TO SCHOLOMANCE!?!?! HOW WILL I GET OUT OF THE WATER WHEN I MISS THE SP (or which ever BC naga instance I fail on) JUMP?!?!?!

Portal » Board index » Games » Classes » Warlock