Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat    FAQ

Portal » Board index » Games » Classes » Warlock

Post subject: Possible new destro spec?
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 pm 

Cold and I were discussing lock DPS last night (even though GC announced that it will be buffed soon) and how there aren't very many good destro trees atm floating on the forums. I'm going to be testing the following specs on the dummies in org right after I post this, to see how well they fair. Cold also told me that HE wants to test Ruby with Dr. Boom to see if he does any better (he's so leet, dontcha know) because he doesn't think I have a good rotation (don't take last night's BF run as a mark of my rotation, we were tearing that place down too fast to use a REAL rotation, so I was just button mashing, lol)

Ok, the specs:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZcZVcGqr0uVsAfct - imp build, based around empowered imp edit: About 1200 dps average with only fel armor on (I'm a rng monster with my proccs, so I'm averaging 4 5 min sessions)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=I0xZZVchqr0uVsAfct- another imp build, but with better corruption, since if you have molten core and glyph of corruption, you should keep corruption up at all times. edit: eww, bad idea- about 900 average DPS, lower than my old spec before all this testing began

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZbxIzsg0q0stdbZE00V demo spec suggested by the wow forums (I kind of miss thootom) edit:very strange- average DPS about 900 (a little lower) but 1 trial put out 1200 I'm going to stay this spec for a while and test it more.

I'll add more as I remember them. But for now, testing!

edit: woot, a T6 lock just said that the first spec is pretty awesome at endgame raids (but it took him a lot of skill to spam SB to get that T6, so he might not be the best authority)

Last edited by Ruby on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Possible new destro spec?
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:39 pm 

That was sort of a mosh-pit of an instance. Sorry, I got a little out of control with the pulling. But like Bob said, no one died. :)

Ok, so does this mean the baby lock might be worth pulling out of hiding someday, and granting RAF levels to??

Post subject: Re: Possible new destro spec?
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:33 pm 

at least some levels, and try out specs to see if you like it, or I'll lend you Ruby

Edit: also, I like mosh pits when it's a babyhead instance :P no reason to be concerned if the mobs don't pose a threat. I was just saying I don't have a trash (especially easy trash) rotation, yet, only bosses are solid.

Portal » Board index » Games » Classes » Warlock