Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat    FAQ

Portal » Board index » Games » Classes » Warlock

Post subject: Ruby (or anyone else, I guess)
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:50 pm 

I have a 20-something warlock. Assuming I get the RAF char levelled, would a lock be worth granting levels to? Or no?

Post subject: Re: Ruby (or anyone else, I guess)
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

Dessa probably won't post here but I know she always loved her Warlock.

“A few months ago, you assassinated a man who called himself a god; now you’re going after a goddess in truth. Unless you can figure out a way to kill continents, after this you’re going to have to retire.”

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:05 am 

Yes, but don't expect to be as powerful as deweylox, even when you get to 80.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:02 am 

cuz3 wrote:
Yes, but don't expect to be as powerful as deweylox, even when you get to 80.

Div > Dewey, even when she's not on Div.

:D

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:15 am 

IMO

Warlock based on your Hunter background.

Pet-wise a subset from hunter pets.

Pet wise :
1. same style pet bar attack, aggressive, passive.. etc
2. Less custom, can't change name, or invest talents.

DPS style :

You can spec to be more of a DoTTer/Drainer (Affliction) or a traditional Caster type (destruction) or a the "BM" Tree for Locks, Demo.

Mana isn't an issue anymore with the lock.. after you get enough DMG, you can farm without stopping.. unless somthing goes wrong.

Raider DPS can be complex (Affliction rotations) or easy Destruction shadow bolt spam. depending on your style and Gear.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:58 am 

Delux wrote:
IMO

Warlock based on your Hunter background.

Pet-wise a subset from hunter pets.

Pet wise :
1. same style pet bar attack, aggressive, passive.. etc
2. Less custom, can't change name, or invest talents.

DPS style :

You can spec to be more of a DoTTer/Drainer (Affliction) or a traditional Caster type (destruction) or a the "BM" Tree for Locks, Demo.

Mana isn't an issue anymore with the lock.. after you get enough DMG, you can farm without stopping.. unless somthing goes wrong.

Raider DPS can be complex (Affliction rotations) or easy Destruction shadow bolt spam. depending on your style and Gear.

TL:DR version??

Should I or shouldn't I? It's a ways off, I won't be doing it any time in the very near future, but it's still something rolling around in the back of my head. The lock has full rested bonus right now, when I get the druid to 60/70 I can power through some instances to get the levels up, then grant levels... right? Or no?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:38 pm 

I still like Ruby, and I'm glad they're taking out shadowbolt spam in the xpac and making us USE MORE THAN 2 SPELLS for max DPS. If you expect to be OP PvP god, don't do it, those days are over unless you have a resto druid.

Non-stop farming is awesome, and never using my pet except to steal pewing power was pretty sweet, and the thing I miss most about affliction. Then again, you have 2 hunters, so you are already an OP farmer...

For all the whining I've done, things are starting to look up, unless Bleach comes back with their gank specced rogues that can 1 shot a leveling lock once the soul link nerf-ish goes live.

Really, you just have to give it a shot at like the 30's at least, if you don't think it's fun by then, it probably never will be for you. A lot of people find drain tanking to be a bore, but being able to solo most outlands group quests is ftw.

Also, nerf soul shards.

TL/DR: yes for at least 15 levels or so

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:08 pm 

Ruby wrote:
I still like Ruby, and I'm glad they're taking out shadowbolt spam in the xpac and making us USE MORE THAN 2 SPELLS for max DPS. If you expect to be OP PvP god, don't do it, those days are over unless you have a resto druid.

Non-stop farming is awesome, and never using my pet except to steal pewing power was pretty sweet, and the thing I miss most about affliction. Then again, you have 2 hunters, so you are already an OP farmer...

For all the whining I've done, things are starting to look up, unless Bleach comes back with their gank specced rogues that can 1 shot a leveling lock once the soul link nerf-ish goes live.

Really, you just have to give it a shot at like the 30's at least, if you don't think it's fun by then, it probably never will be for you. A lot of people find drain tanking to be a bore, but being able to solo most outlands group quests is ftw.

Also, nerf soul shards.

TL/DR: yes for at least 15 levels or so

But... I don't want another farming class. Even borked, I can do that on Div (Even borked, I can still autopew). But ok, if I get the drood up, I'll do another 10 levels or so & see how I feel about it.

Portal » Board index » Games » Classes » Warlock